I have told you already about the importance of good photography and that the best is the cheapest in selling your show. For this reason I will give you a few samples. The usual size is 8 x 10 inches, as they fit in lobby displays and are of a size that shows up nicely.
The big trick in having photographs made is to have a good photographer who has an instinct of showmanship and who can give you something distinctive that fits your personality and the moment people see the photo they associate it with you.
1. Here is Cardini with hat and cane typical of Cardini's act. There is a foreign appearance in the pose that suggests an act from across the water.
2. Another pose of Cardini with his assistant (Mrs. Cardini). We still have the hat and cane and a wonderful likeness of Cardini. He looks as though he stepped out of a bandbox suggestive of a big time act.
3. Dante, the world traveler. Note the effect of the tropical hat and the pose in profile, also light suit. You instinctively feel that Dante is a man of broad experience and has covered the world for points of interest.
4. Stowell (next page). This photo suggests oriental mystery. Both poses are of himself. He is looking at himself in Chinese costume. Very typical of his show as it is both oriental and occidental.
Hand-lettered photos, rephotographed for quantity.
1. This is my own photo by which I have been identified in my publicity campaigns. Note the mysterious effect caused by lighting from below. Light at the side gives a Mephistopheles touch.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.