You produce a pack of Tarot Cards and invite your volunteer to shuffle them thoroughly. After shuffling them, you take the pack and deal six cards face down on the table, discarding the remainder of the pack.
As each card is turned to reveal its symbol, you make startling revelations about your volunteer that convince them you can see into their mind and personality.
Tarot Reading relies on a technique known as cold reading. It's a technique used by clairvoyants, psychics and mentalists to make a person believe you can read their innermost thoughts. The statements used are specially designed to sound specific to one person and yet they are so general, they actually apply to a large percentage of the population.
Look at the statements below and see how many apply to you. Imagine if someone claiming to be psychic told you these things; would you believe they had special powers?
1. You have a need for other people to like and admire you
2. You are overly critical of yourself.
3. You have some personality weaknesses but are generally able to compensate for them.
4. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not yet turned to your advantage.
5. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you are worrisome and insecure on the inside.
6. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
7. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety
8. You pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.
9. You have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.
10.At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved.
11 .Some of your aspirations can be rather unrealistic. 12.You become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. 13.Security is one of your major goals in life.
Now all you need to perform some cold reading is a pack of Tarot cards and to memorize the above statements. Get your spectator to shuffle the Tarot deck and then ask them to deal six cards face down on the table.
Turn over the cards one by one to perform your reading. No matter what cards turn up, recite the phrases above and try to personalize the phrases as much as you can. You will get far more 'hits' than 'misses'. And think - how many times have you heard a psychic say that the images and names of Tarot cards should not be taken literally in a reading? Now you know why!
Was this article helpful?