Think of a limiting belief of yours. Since this is a book about confidence, think of a belief about your confidence or shyness or ability to do something. A good example is, "I can't go up and meet strangers easily." This is a belief that limits many people, and their social and business lives would improve if they rid themselves of that belief.
Once you've selected your limiting belief regarding confidence or shyness, close your eyes and notice all the visual and audio qualities of that belief. This is the same thing we've done in steps one and three. After you've gotten the visual and audio qualities of that belief, begin to change each and every visual and audio quality of your limiting belief to match all of the visual and audio qualities of something that you used to believe but no longer do - an old belief. This recodes your limiting belief and transforms it into a something you no longer believe. When you have done this properly, you will find the limiting belief to be an old belief, something you used to believe, but no longer do. Make sure that the visual and audio qualities of the limiting belief match those of the old belief as precisely as possible.
When you're done transforming that belief, open your eyes. Take a deep breath and point out three different things in the room. This will help you shift back to your neutral, normal state of being. Physically get up and move to another location if it helps you to return to your normal state.
Congratulations on removing that limiting belief. Since nature abhors a vacuum, we will place an empowering belief in your mind where the limiting belief used to reside. To do this, think about something with respect to your confidence that, when you believe it, your life will improve.
Now as you close your eyes, think of the belief that you want to believe fully. As you become aware of the visual and audio qualities of that belief, begin to change each and every quality of that belief to match precisely the visual and audio qualities of the absolutely true, strong belief. When this is complete, you will think of your empowering belief in the same way that you think of your other absolutely true, strongly held beliefs. Ensure that your visual and audio qualities of your new absolutely true and your previous absolutely true beliefs match as much as possible.
Here's the belief change pattern summary:
1. Close your eyes
2. Think about something that used to be true but no longer is.
3. Notice all the visual qualities of that belief (Location, Distance, Brightness, Clarity, Movie/Snapshot, 3D/Flat)
4. Notice all the auditory qualities of that belief (Location, Distance, Volume, Tempo)
5. Notice all the feeling qualities of that belief (Location, Intensity, Duration)
6. Open your eyes and name three different things in the room to clear your mind
7. Close your eyes
8. Think about a limiting belief of yours such as "I'm shy" or "I'm not yet confident."
9. Notice all the visual qualities of that belief (Location, Distance, Brightness, Clarity, Movie/Snapshot, 3D/Flat)
10. Notice all the auditory qualities of that belief (Location, Distance, Volume, Tempo)
11. Notice all the feeling qualities of that belief (Location, Intensity, Duration)
12. Open your eyes and name three different things in the room to clear your mind
13. Now that you know the visual/sound/feeling qualities of both beliefs, adjust your limiting belief to be like the belief of something that used to be true but no longer is. Change all the qualities so that the limiting belief becomes a belief no longer true but used to be.
I encourage you to practice changing your beliefs and experiences. You'll be surprised at how easy and effective it is.
Was this article helpful?
You can find out step by step what you need to do to overcome the feeling of being shy. There are a vast number of ways that you can stop feeling shy all of the time and start enjoying your life. You can take these options one step at a time so that you gradually stop feeling shy and start feeling more confident in yourself, enjoying every aspect of your life. You can learn how to not be shy and start to become much more confident and outgoing with this book.