Had a letter from Hans Kademaker, regarding the 1983 Dutch Magical Convention. This will take place at Delft on 12th, 13th and 14th May, 1983.— write to:
P. Pronk mr. Kesperstr.44
2871 GT Schoonhoven
Tel 01823-3424. He will send you full details,
AUDIBLE (FAKE) TRANSFER Keith Chamley
This is a method of simulating the placing of a coin into the left hand. Its chief merit lies in the fact that a slapping noise is made as the coin apparently contacts the left palm.
1) Display the coin, lying on the ri^ht palm, in a Classic Palming Position.
2) Turn the right hand over, as in Fig.l, holding the coin in the Classic Palm. The fingers curl inwards sligfitly and the thumb is behind them, as though clipping the coin in position. To the audience it will appear that the coin has dropped onto the right fingers and is being retained in place with the thumb.
3) Bring up the left hand, holding it so that the palm is vertical to the floor and facing towards the right. The fingers should be pointing more or less directly towards the front.
4) Bring the right hand very slightly higher than the left and about a foot to the right of it.
5) Bring the right hand sharply down towards the left, with a tossing motion, so that the finger tips strike the left palm, producing an audible slapping sound. At the same time, close the left hand, from the centre of the palm, around the right finger tips as though catching the coin. Immediately move the left hand away, to the left.
The actual method of producing the sound is not easy to describe. The right fingers contact the left palm as in Fig.2. At the same moment, the left hand closes and — a key action this — the base of the left thumb is brought sharply upwards, against the right finger tips. When done correctly, the sound of the coin hitting the left palm is most convincing.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.