Original Author: Chris Larkin
Card Trick Central Bookstore
Effect: The magician shuffles an ordinary deck of cards. He then fans the cards and asks a spectator to select a card show and memorize it. The magician then fans the cards again and tells the spectator to to place his card any where in the deck he wishes. The magician then places his card on the bottom of the pack and he then squares up the pack and holds the deck up so the spectator can see the bottom card. The magician asks if this card is his.The spectator will answer yes. The magician then places two cards from the top of the deck on to the bottom thus covering the spectators card. He then holds the pack up as before and asks is this your card. This time the spectator answers no. This then repeats itself again. the magician then takes the spectators card and places it on top of the deck. and repeats the procedure as before. Now with the three cards in the spectators hand the magician asks him if the bottom card is his and he. answers no. The magician then places the bottom card into his hand and shows that the other two cards are not the spectator's. But when the spectator looks at the card in his hand to his surprise its his card!
Procedure: This trick sounds difficult but it's really not just followthese simple steps.
1. Fan the cards out and let the spectator choose a card at random.
2. After he/she has memorized the card fan them out again and tell him/her to place it back in the deck. Watch Carefully!! After the spectator has placed their card into the deck seperate the deck so his/her card is on the bottom.(It's ok if the spectator sees you do this so don't try to perfect it.)
3. Now hold up the deck so the spectator can see the bottom card. Ask him/her if this is their card. They will answer yes. Now turn the deck face down and take two cards one at a time and place them on the bottom of the deck under the spectators card.
4. Now hold the deck back up and let the spectator see the card again. When you do this hold the deck in your right hand with your thumb on the left side of the deck and your remaining fingers on the right side. when the spectator answers no turn the deck face down with your hand in the same position and give him the bottom card.
5. Repeat step 4 untill he/she says no. This time when you bring the deck face down curl you pinky and ring finger downwards thus pushing some of the bottom card into your palm. Now take the second card from the bottom (The spectators card.) and place it in his/her hand.
6. Now place the bottom card (The card the spectator believes is his/her) on top of the deck, and repeat step 4.
7. Place the deck aside and take the three cards from the spectator. Repeat step 5. (Now the spectator holds his card and doesnt even know it.)
8. Now show him/her that the remaining two cards are not his. Then tell him/her to look at the card in his/her hand and it will be their card!
This trick takes some practice but it will really amaze your friends.
Go Back | Next Trick
Main Page | Card Trick Type Index | Master List | Card Trick Terminology
Submit a Trick | Exclusive Offer | Search this Site | Card Trick Central Bookstore
Easy Tricks | Intermediate Tricks | Hard Tricks | Other Tricks | Sleights
Magic Notes | Links | Help | Awards
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.