1. Top palm card into the right hand.
2. Bring both hands together as if to rub them.
3. During the above action the right hand can easily slide forward over the card until it arrives at the desired position.
The top card is shoved over the side of the deck. The right hand comes over and clips the top end of the card between the 2nd and 3rd fingers, then moves away from the deck.
2. The right 2nd and 3rd fingers can actually swing the card into position by moving the right third finger over onto the right second finger while the card is still clipped between them.
3. This will result in the card being clipped as in Figure 64.
4. To get into the position where the forefinger is curled under the card merely straighten out all fingers as you move or adjust some cards, then as the fingers come back the forefinger can enter under the card.
5. The change can be made from the grip shown in Figure 64 if desired but the card does not hug the palm as well.
1. Hold the deck by the sides in the left hand from above as for the Glide.
2. The right hand moves to the front of the deck with four fingers going below or on the face of the deck and thumb on top.
3. From the above position the right fingers can pivot the bottom card out to the right and into the desired palm. (See Figure 37)
Methods of Disclosure First Method:
This type is the best for magical purposes as the exchange of the card is made first and then later it is very cleanly turned over to climax whatever effect you may have been doing. I use this type in one of the items to be described and it usually consists in taking a face down card and apparently placing it aside still face down; however, the Switch has been made.
This approach is also quite good for magical purposes as it consists of, say, showing a face up card, then seeming to isolate it by placing it aside face down. The problem is to get the initial card into a Rear Flat Palm but with the face of the card towards the palm. Almost all the methods, for getting into Basic Position, can be used with the exception, perhaps, of those directly off the face of the deck. Almost all forms of a Side Steal of the top card, assuming the deck is face up, can be used to get the card's face towards palm. Once the card is in position the other card is displayed face up in the left hand. The right hand apparently takes the card from the left hand.
The mechanics of the Mario Switch are made with the addition that the fingers move out, with its previously clipped card, to swing it out from the palm as in Figure 65, which is the performer's view of the action. The audience's view is as in Figure 66. It seems as if you merely turned the card face down. This has angles so no one should be in back of you.
The hand, doing the Switching should hug the surface of the table at all times and not be lifted during the action. As you can see the technique here is that of the Turndown.
EFFECTS USING THE MARLO CARD SWITCH
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.