1. This method is ideal when working at or near a table. Again assuming the packets have become unsquared, place the packets together as already shown in Figure 23.
2. This time instead of squaring the ends with the right fingers, the right hand instead grasps the deck just below the left hand. The right hand position is similar to that used in the actual Faro.
3. The left forefinger moves over to the front end of the deck. With both hands grasping the cards, the bottom end of deck is tapped against the table top as in Figure 25 in order to square the packets.
4. Having squared the cards, another attempt at a Faro Shuffle is made.
The best way to cut at or half of any number of cards involved, is by comparison. The description to follow is made with the idea of a full pack of 52 cards in mind. However, the comparison can be applied to a lesser or greater number of cards in order to cut perfect halves.
Start by breaking the deck as near 26 as you can in a manner to that shown in Figure 2.
2. Once you have made the cut, separate the packets at the inner side only, keeping the separation by the pressure of the left thumb as in Figure 26 which is the performer's view.
3. Now, visually, carefully compare one half against the other. At this stage, you can get to be pretty certain if you have exact halves. However, if you have made any error, this will soon become evident as you place the corners of the
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.