Those with short thumbs may find this method quite difficult but it is practical. Again it makes use of either a pack at rest or one that is being shuffled. The following is a description of its use during a table riffle shuffle.
1. In this case the pack is lengthwise in front of the performer with the desired cards on top.
2. Split the pack for the conventional Table Riffle Shuffle taking the top half to the right.
3. Riffle shuffle letting the cards to be palmed off fall last.
4. Telescope the halves into each other for about two thirds their full length. At this stage, the base of both palms are placed on each end of deck as if to push the cards flush.
5. The base of both palms push downwards on their respective ends of the deck thus causing top cards to move upwards off the pack. At the same time the right thumb stretches to engage the opposite end of these cards as in Figure 23 which shows an exposed front view.
6. The angled cards will be clipped by the first joint of the right thumb at its left end while the right end will be pressing against the right palm starting at the base of the fourth and third fingers and extending along this base towards the right wrist.
7. Right hand now moves away from the pack to rest near the performer while the left hand moves the deck to the center of the table.
8. Because of the greater length of the cards in the palm, the angle or tilt of the hand doing the palming should be watched. Keeping the hand close to the table will aid greatly in concealing the card yet give the hand that empty appearance with either the Longtidunal Angle Palm or other type.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.