1. The deck is shuffled by a spectator.
2. Spectator is asked to cut off a small packet of cards and count them secretly.
3. Performer picks up remainder of the deck; however, he lets a few cards, from the botom of the pack, remain on the table. Just being sure to take more than 26 cards is required and the remainder can be left on the table.
4. Pass the cards in front of the spectator as you request him to think of a card at the position that corresponds to the number of cards he originally cut off, counted, and is keeping out of sight at this stage.
5. As the cards are passed from the left hand into the right, the performer counts them secretly. Now, should the
spectator suddenly tell you he has thought of the card, all you need remember is the number of cards in your right hand at the time.
For example, let us say you counted 17 when the spectator said, "I have it." All you do now is to place the 17 cards from the right hand to under those in the left hand. Also remember the number 17.
6. You now go into an Overhand Shuffle of the run type, i.e., one card at a time. At the same time, count the cards run off but starting this count on 18, then continuing the run count up to 26 at which point the remainder of the cards are thrown on top.
7. Next, pick up the original bottom packet and place it on top of the deck in your hand. Follow by dropping the deck onto the spectator s original cut off packet. The selection is now 26th from the top of the deck as in the Automatic Placement.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.