1. Have a spectator shuffle the deck. On getting it back hold it for the Fingertip Estimation Peek.
2. Force the 14th position and after the card is noted, release the cards and square the deck.
3. Undercut half the deck, injoging the 1st card and shuffle off. Get a break at the injog and shuffle off to the break. The card is back in its original estimated position.
4. Place the deck behind your back. Now if you feel you had 14 cards on the peek, count to the 14th card and reverse it. If you felt you had more than 14 cards you can't go far wrong reversing the 16th card. If you feel you had less than 14, you can't go much amiss reversing the 12th card. With practice you will be surprised how often you can actually tell or feel exactly how many cards you have on the peek. In this case reverse the card at the actual estimated number in order to reverse the selected card.
5. At any rate, bring deck forward saying you reversed one card in the deck. Turn the deck face up and ask for the name of the selected card.
6. The card named will be either next to the reversed card in which case you say, "The reversed card is right next to your card", or if it does not show up you can be sure it is the actual reversed card. In this case up-jog the card, square the deck, then turn it face down to reveal the face of the reversed selection.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.