1. The deck is shuffled by a spectator. On getting it back, hold it in Fingertip Peek position.
2. Force the estimated 14th position, from the bottom of the deck, on the 1st spectator. Force the estimated 14th position, from the top of the deck, on the 2nd spectator.
3. Place the deck behind your back and reverse the 14th card from the bottom and the 14th card from the top. Bring the deck forward face down.
4. Holding the deck by its sides, with the left hand, the right hand, also at the sides, can easily break the pack at each of the face up cards in order to glimpse them. The excuse for this action is the patter line, "Somewhere in this pack I have reversed two cards."
Have both spectators name their cards. If they are the same as the two face up cards you have accomplished a real miracle. Merely spread the deck face down to reveal the two face up cards.
5. If neither of the reversed cards are those named, then turn the deck face up as you now show that you had reversed a card next to each of the selections.
6. In the event that one of the named cards is actually reversed, you must turn the deck face up and first disclose the card that is next to a reversed card. Now spread the deck to the actual reversed selection but act as if the selection should be next to the reversed card. When you see it isn't, ask again for the selected card to be named. This time you say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to reverse your card." This always gets a smile.
7. Here again in doing the Fingertip Estimation Peek you can, with practice, be almost exact in the number of cards and in many instances you will be able to reverse the actual selections. In any event you should be successful in concluding the effect every time.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.