placing the palmed card onto the face ger and thumb as in Figure 11. This card while saying, "See, I rub the card packet can then be tossed onto the table and it vanishes." or retained in the left hand.
3. You now prove that the card is actually gone. Make a double lift of the two face cards and right jog them over the side of the deck for half their width. Take these two cards as one into the right hand. These cards are held in the Count Cop position shown in Figure 9,
4. The other face cards are thumbed off one at a time onto these two showing that the card has actually vanished from the deck.
5. After a few of the face cards have been shown in the above manner, you say, "Of course, you know where the card went." At these words the bottom card of the packet in the right hand, is buckled into the palm position. The left hand comes over and takes the packet from the right hand, as in Figure 11. The right hand with its palmed card goes to the pocket and produces it from there.
Count Cop For A Number of Cards
This allows the performer to palm off a certain number of cards using the Count
1. Assuming you wish to palm off four cards, count the first four cards into the Count Cop position shown in Figure 9.
2. After four cards have been counted off the fifth card is jogged over onto the forefinger. This is similar to the left hand in Figure 2 of this chapter except here the righthandisused.
3. As other cards are counted into the right hand they are placed alternately outjogged and injogged over the cards in the right hand to give cover to the jogged cards below.
4. When the desired number of cards have been counted off, the left hand comes over and takes the packet, at the lower left corner, between the left forefin-
5. The right hand has buckled its cards and these cards remain in the palm. The jogged card over the right forefinger insures the correct number of cards quickly and easily.
6. The right hand can drop to the side or go to the pocket depending on the effect desired.
Was this article helpful?
Magick is the art and practice of moving natural energies to effect needed or wanted change. Magick is natural, there is absolutely nothing supernatural about it. What is taught here are various techniques of magick for beginners. Magick is natural and simple and the techniques to develop abilities should be simple and natural as well. What is taught on this site is not only the basics of magick, but the basics of many things.