Just like with everything, there are some things you should definitely NOT do when flirting with a woman.
1. Don't depend on others to make things happen - This is a big mistake that so many guys fall into. I call it the "laziness factor." It's where they look for others to do the work of meeting and flirting with women for them. The thing is, if you yourself do not take action, guess what? Nothing will happen for you! You can't rely on your buddies to find women for you. By the same token, you can't wait around for women to approach and start flirting with you. You're a man! Take the bull by the horns and make things happen for yourself.
2. Don't lie - What I mean by this is don't offer more than you intend to give. If you're not looking for a girlfriend, don't tell that to a girl in the hopes that will get her into you. By the same token, don't promise to take her on trips of buy her expensive presents in the hopes that will get her to like you. Don't misrepresent who you are or what you do because you're ashamed of it or think she won't like what you tell her. Be honest and straightforward. Don't play games with the truth, because it will always backfire on you.
3. Don't cling - Sometimes when we finally find a woman we like, we tend to cling to her. We hover around her, follow her, call her a lot, think about her constantly, etc. Despite what you may think, this is NOT a good thing! You must always keep your wits about you and control your feelings. This is a game, and all games require strategy to win. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by appearing needy and clingy. Women will be more attracted to a man who doesn't need them than a man who can't live without them.
4. Don't dwell on your performance - If you screw up, or think you screw up, or somehow embarrassed yourself, do not make a big deal about it. You did it, it happened, learn from it and move on. Don't sit there and criticize yourself for being stupid or ugly because it's counter productive. No matter how great the girl you were flirting with was, there will always be another down the road who is just as good if not better than her. Always be moving forward. The past is the past. Don't dwell on it.
5. Don't fidget - I may sound like your mother at church when I tell you this, but do yourself a big favor and don't fidget when you're trying to flirt! It's distracting. You want the girl focused on you and all your good qualities, not your leg that you're bouncing up and down a mile a minute. Confident people don't fidget, only those who are nervous or uncomfortable do. Keep your cool, stay in control, and focus on the task at hand.
Was this article helpful?